I was tagged by Dorka over at Berries and Books to do the Reader Problems Tag, so thank you to Dorka, and make sure that you go and check out her blog! The tag originally was created by Tiffany over at Youtube. You can watch her video here.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
20,000?!?! Whatever I read next always depends on my mood, so I’d just stick with that. Having 20,000 books on my TBR would definitely stress me out, though.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
If I’ve started a book I’ll try my absolute hardest to keep reading it until the end. I’ve only ever stopped reading two books, if I remember correctly. Obviously if I’m really not liking it, and it’s taking me ages to get through I will put it down, but I don’t like to do so.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I’d definitely try and catch up. I guess by cutting down on the time I spend watching Prison Break (or whatever TV Series I’m obsessed with at that moment). I don’t see this happening this year, thank god, as I’m already a book or two in front!
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
All of my book series match up, which I’m happy about! I don’t think it would bother me too much if they didn’t, but I do prefer the matching ones.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Hmm, I’m struggling with this one. The books I’ve read that I don’t really like are ones that aren’t very well-known.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I hate people seeing me cry, so I’d without a doubt put the book down until I got home and was alone.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Ahhh, I don’t know. It’d depend how much I had forgotten. I think I’d have a go at reading the sequel, but if I’d forgotten so much that it wasn’t making sense I’d re-read the first book. However, I’m pretty good at remembering things, so this hasn’t happened to me yet!
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
This is so me! I’ve heard way to many horror stories of people not returning borrowed books, so unless I really trust you, you’re not getting your hands on my books. I’d just tell them that I didn’t have the book, or that I couldn’t find it.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Stop trying for a few days. If I’m in a slump, I’m not going to force myself to read. It takes the enjoyment out of it.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I’ll usually try and wait until they’re cheaper, but if I really can’t, I will order it. I’d restrict myself to 2 or 3, though.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Sometimes a day, sometimes several months. It all depends on what I want to read when I finish my most latest read.
I tag anyone that wants to do this tag!